Military readiness can not undertake the burden of transgender surgeries, according to Donald Trump in a tweet series early Wednesday morning.

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you – Donald Trump.

trump-tweet

trump-tweet

trump-tweet

On July 14th, 2017 the US House of Representatives passed its version of the massive defense bill but failed to pass an amendment which would block taxpayers from paying for transgender surgeries that could cost up to 3.7 billion dollars over the next ten years. Twenty-three House Republicans joined Democrats to defeat the amendment by Rep. Vicky Hartzler, R-Mo., to block the funding for transgender treatments.

“We are $20 trillion in debt and the taxpayers … are projected to spend $3.7 billion in the next ten years for sex-reassignment surgeries,” @RepScottPerry says.

However, Defense Secretary James Mattis had already delayed the impending allowance of transgenders into the United States military until January 1st, 2018, which was put forth by former Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, who had previously set July 1, 2017, as the start of recruiting transgender people.

Mr. Mattis said in a memo to the services and Gen. Joseph Dunford, Joint Chiefs chairman:

“Since becoming the Secretary of Defense, I have emphasized that the Defense of Defense must measure each policy decision against one critical standard: will the decision affect the readiness and lethality of our armed forces? put another way, how will the decision affect the ability of America’s military forces to defend the nation?

“I have determined that that is necessary to defer the start of accessions for six months. We will use this additional time to evaluate more carefully the impact of such accessions on readiness and lethality.”

Mr. Mattis did, however, forgo a request by the Army and Air Force to delay the introduction of transgenders into the military for two years. Never the less, President Trump could potentially demolish the entirety of the possibility of transgenders in the armed forces and for good reason.

2 Comments on "Military Readiness Will Not Undergo The Drawback of Transgenderism – Trump"

avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
LadyTess57

Thank YOU President Trump for some common sense!

SuzMc

Oh Boy, the libby left is going to be all insulted and in an uproar about this. It is a great to see a real person sitting in charge. Not an idiot!!!
AMEN!!!!

wpDiscuz